Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

Yes, my beautiful AZ tan has been supplanted by itchy rashy skin on my arms and legs! Eeek! I figure that it must be from the insulation in the attic, because the rash started yesterday, the day after I did my last attic work. And I found out what heat does to cortizone cream, too -- melts it so that it is like milky water! And it loses all efficacy, too. Sheesh. I have to go and buy some more, I guess.

Today I've spent so far doing business work. I had to make some calls about name changes and medical/insurance chasing. I paid the Yale New Haven bill for Michael's July 2007 MRI, which the insurance company finally paid on and told me how much I owe. That figure is different from what the hospital had turned over for collection (never-ending pita) but I'm paying what the insurance co told me I owe.

And I paid some bills and took the ones that had to be mailed in to the Post Office.. and I did my walk on the IU campus! I even visited Paper Clip Bend, but saw NO paperclips. And I had none to drop, either, because I had forgotten to bring some.

The flowers are blooming all around, everything is green, and the day is lovely -- 70° right now, here and 96° in Tucson. And I'm going to have some lunch and then hit the garage, I believe. I'm on my own today, so I am feeling sort of lazy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis...you are entitled to relax a little. That attic was a real workout. Steve will be down tomorrow for more fun! :)

    I came home and thought I should run the sweeper, but, soon after firing it up, I smelled that terrible, unmistakeable smell of burning rubber. Yes, I sort of blew up the sweeper. Well, not really...just a belt, but yuck, the smell. So, then I had to take it all apart, get to the belt, and then while I had it apart, I thought I should clean it really well. I did that. Then I noticed some black spots on the floor everywhere I had been walking. There must have been some "liquid" belt that I stepped on and then carried it all over the place. So, then I had to get down on my hands and knees to clean that up!

    So, I still have to clean tomorrow night after I put the sweeper all back together! LOL.

    Wish I could join you tomorrow. See you soon, love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are taking a off day from the cleaning out and doing some of the other need to be done projects. Change is good. Sorry about the paper clips, I know how you love them. It's good that Steve will there to help you tomorrow. Probably some heavy stuff in the garage. Wish I was there to help.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Fix my link :)

    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was a balmy 110. It may cool off to a pleasant 108 by the end of the week. lol 70 degrees, I would be wearing a coat....

    Take time to smell the rain,
    sunlaker john (aka JohnD) :)

    ReplyDelete