Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Busy Days

Yesterday was hiking day and 7 of us went to Bear Canyon. That's a pretty mellow hike which, while 7 miles long, has little elevation gain and beautiful scenery. The flowers were blooming, and we even saw some cacti with blooms!







There was water in the Seven Falls, and the stream through the canyon was flowing powerfully.


Look at this cute little fellow we encountered on a rock. He was just about 5" long:


I did fine with the hike, though my ankle was quite sore after our lunch break.

Today we got started early (for me) with working on the Entertainers' costume shed. Along with John, Ken, and Chuck, we built a 14' rack with hanging bars and a shelf. We also drywalled over an unused window and reworked the lighting that was in there. I had fun with it, making myself useful with running back and forth for tools and doing two Lowe's errands. I also got to do some measuring and marking. Hey.. with all those guys, did you really think that they'd let me work with power tools? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at your photo's. I think my favorite is the single orange flower from 3/22 post, it's petals seem to move when you scroll up or down.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete