Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chihuly Exhibit in Phoenix

The Chihuly Glass Exhibit in Phoenix was awesome! This is a display at the Botanical Gardens, and the glass sculptures are interspersed among the plants. Here are some photos that I took of the exhibit and of the gardens in general:


























This frog was probably 7" long, not counting his legs:




Here's Jack:


I just love the way cacti bloom. I wonder if I will ever get used to seeing these:




We visited the Butterfly Pavillion too:


Did you know that the French word for butterfly is papillon? And the Spanish word for butterfly is maricopa? I think that both of those names are prettier than "butterfly."

I love your comments on my photos! Tell me what kinds of pics you like. And tell me which ones you think could be better.

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis. I don't know how your pictures could be better. They leap off the page now in brilliant colors. I love them all. When you guys get back this way, I want some pictures of the kids and something to blow up in b&w to put on that wall like we talked. I don't know exactly what.

    You should see our tile backsplace Aaron did for us. It isn't done (needs grout still), but will be this week. I will take some pictures and post them on Facebook for all to see. He did a great job and I, of course, picked complicated tile and then wanted a trim pattern! :) He said he didn't know I was so artsy fartsy. Funny what my own kids don't know. :D

    We have a blanket on the piano which is in Steve's office and the dog has taken up with sleeping on it (the blanket, not the piano). She gets a little piece of it and sleeps right there like she is guarding it. It is pretty cute.

    We are looking forward to seeing you guys in a month or so. Love you!

    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep making me jealous, but it is working on being beautiful here too. Miss you.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are great. Love to take pictures of flowers. The sculpture ones are very interesting, thanks for sharing.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janee you are a very talented photographer. I'm not a flower guy but even enjoyed this batch of flowers, and I concur with your sister that the colors seem to jump off the page. Yeah your photographs are very good. The one thing I would suggest might be to go in closer when photographing people. For me the faces are what commands the attention. Thanks for continuing your blog ... find myself living vicariously through your adventures. Best Wishes!!

    ReplyDelete