Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hunting & Gathering

Today was our errand day, punctuated by park things that we had to do. We began by going over to the west side, where we found Cracker Barrel and went in for breakfast. To my short-lived delight, they had crisp new paper menus for us. Why new? Well, probably a price increase, which I didn't notice. What I did notice, however, is that their syrup, previously described as 100% pure maple syrup, is now described as "natural syrup."

What? I loved their pure maple syrup! While it was my niece Michelle who originally got me into real maple syrup, it was Cracker Barrel which fed my new passion. And now I just won't even eat that Log Cabin stuff that every other restaurant (and now Cracker Barrel pushes. *sigh* I got a muffin and fried apples. I'll bring my own syrup from now on, if we decide to go back.

While we were over on the far northwest side, we went to Woodcraft to pick up a 12" drawer slide, so that Jack and I can make a spice slide-out for the kitchen. Our spice cupboard now is .. uh.. ridiculous. I'll come up with photos when there's something worth photographing.

We got back to the east side in time for Harold's ice cream party by the pool -- great ice cream and awesome chocolate sauce. I had the cherry chocolate chip ice cream and the Hershey's Special Dark syrup. Yum!

Next it was off to the mall and to Wal*Mart. Then ... zoom back to the park for Foto Fun. Then ... out we went again to dinner and then to Fry's for groceries and gasoline. And now it's almost 10 pm! LOL how do people have time to go to work?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah these places don't realize that we CAN tell the difference.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete