Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday


Here we are in the Lenten season. This year, I've decided to demonstrate some self-discipline by not only blogging each day, but by posting a new photo every day of the season. Today's photo is a dolphin that I photographed while we were on the sailing adventure from Puerto Vallarta. This fellow swam along beside our boat! I like the way the light was playing on the water as the dolphin played under the water.
Play practice is coming along well. I have almost all of my songs learned (I am in 6 songs), and my lines are down. We now have a week with no practice, and that will be a nice break.
At church, we had a soup supper to honor the coming of Lent. Everyone brings either a pot of soup or a loaf of bread. Jack and I made a delicious chicken-vegetable-bowtie soup, which was well-received. The service was really good, too. :)
I'm happy to say that my weight is just about down to where I was pre-cruise. I remain amazed at how easy it is for the pounds to come on, and how difficult it is for them to come off. It's 3500 calories either way, so it seems that it should be just as difficult to put them on as to take them off. Just not so. I've been enjoying working out with the Wii, and did it again today, for close to an hour.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see the dolphin jump out of the water------I do like the light on the water.

    ReplyDelete