Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flowers in the Desert?

A green desert? Yes, the Sonoran Desert is one of the greener deserts, well-known for its wide variety of native plants and animals. The other factor which contributes to the green here is that Tucson is a city. We have people. And where there are people, we tend to grow things, water the ground to make things grow which might not grow naturally. This is why we have such wonderful roses, I think. The enchanting thing about the roses here is that they bloom sporadically year-round.

Here's one of the rose photos that I shot at the Reid Park Rose Garden:
This is one that I took at the Tucson Botanical Gardens:
I didn't get the car picked up today. Jack and I rented a carpet cleaner, cleaned mine, cleaned his, and cleaned his Mom's carpets. We went to lunch and then went back to vacuum her carpets. By the time we were done with all of this, the service department was about to close, so I rescheduled our pickup for tomorrow morning.
Harold and Kathy were hosting a happy hour, which we were happy to attend. The munchies were good, and the people, of course, were genial! :)
When I came back here, I did 45 minutes on the Wii, Dance-Dance Revolution. That is so much fun and the time just slides by, as I dance my way into a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment