Sunday, April 25, 2010

Red Flower

Another flower that posed for me at the Tucson Botanical Gardens: Today has been a great day! I began on the Wii Fit Plus, taking it a little easy still because of my knees, which I toasted doing Wii Dance Dance Revolution. They are getting better with rest and Aleve, though, and I'll be back on the DDR before long!

I swung by and picked up Jack to go to church. The service was fun, with a special part for the children, which I always love, and then a good sermon. But afterwards, was very fun indeed! We all went over to Udall Park where we had a picnic! There was great food and lots of games. I played Bingo and did the 3-legged race with Rene and we came in 2nd.

I had made my Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle, and it was a big hit, disappearing early. Here's the recipe for those of you who want it. Let me tell you my one rule for my recipes. Please, if there's a chance of my bringing this to the same party, bring something else! If I won't be there, though, make, share, enjoy!

Tip: If you want to have some of this for yourself without messing up the trifle, take a small bowl and make a miniature version in it as you do the big-bowl version. No one will be the wiser. ;)
_______________________________________

Janee's Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle

1 glass Trifle dish (You can make this in a bowl, but the dish makes the whole thing more elegant!)
1 small Chocolate Cake (pound cake or cream cake, premade)
Chocolate - Peanut Butter Sauce (Recipe follows)
1/2 C honey-roasted or toffee peanuts
24 mini Reeses Cups, unwrapped and cut into quarters
1 tub Cool Whip

Chocolate - Peanut butter Sauce
In a medium saucepan combine:
4 T butter (85g)
2/3 C milk (170g)
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat this till it's all melted and then whisk together well. It'll still not look great at this point.
Whisk in:
3/8 C peanut butter (96g)
2T corn syrup (38g)
Let the sauce cool, and it'll thicken a bit as it cools. It will not be very thick, but that's ok. :)

1) Make the sauce.
2) Slice the cake thinly.
3) Assemble the ingredients in a line, in the order that I've listed.
4) Layer the ingredients, repeating the pattern about 3 times. That is, put down slices of cake into the bottom of the trifle bowl. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the cake. Sprinkle over 1/3 of the peanuts and 1/3 of the Reese's cups. Dollop 1/3 of the Cool Whip over the top and spread it to the edges. Repeat.. and then Repeat.
5) Garnish with Reese's Cups and/or peanuts or chocolate chips.
6) Make a sign for the Trifle, stating that this dessert is NOT for people with peanut allergies.
___________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment