Saturday, May 01, 2010

May Day!

Although I know that the critics will say "harsh lighting," I say that I did my best to capture the beauty of these irises on a very brightly sunny day. So there! I hope you like them: Today I opted to sleep in, rather than to do my morning Wii Fit routine. 7:30 saw me up, though, showering, and readying myself for a busy day. Jack, Harold, Kathy, and I went to the Folk Festival downtown. We'd driven in 2 cars, so that we could do our own things. We listened to some music, saw some booths where people were selling stuff, and heard more music.

And then I saw the booth where the guy was selling Native American flutes. Ok.. I've always wanted one of these. And Rick's tongue was silvery and the flutes that he'd made were just wonderful. I fell very much in love with a lovely one of walnut and it's here beside me now on the lovely matching walnut stand that I got for it. It's a 6-hole flute and I will be able to play anything on it.

We left the festival pretty early, because I'd gotten wind of a special promotional party at Rancho Del Lago -- that housing development that we'd happened upon a few weeks ago. This was a margarita party, and they had free cheeseburgers, chips, drinks, margaritas, and cake! There were hula dancers, fire dancers, and we got to go through the model homes again.

This was such a pretty day that we decided to take a drive through Saguaro National Park East. So many of the cacti and flowers were blooming; the desert is a beautiful palette of greens, yellows, blues of the mountains and sky, and red of the ocatillo.

And this evening, I did an hour of DDR on the Wii. So fun!

2 comments:

  1. Irises are my fave flower. Beautimous shot, I say. The flowers are loving that bright sunshine.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway we could get a picture of the desert in bloom? Or is that an impossible task?

    ReplyDelete