Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New CAR

I don't have a photo for today, and it's late and my day's been very busy and so .. how many excuses do you need?

Sunlaker, you commented on my ydy's posting about my scale. Don't worry about my becoming over-obsessed with it. I've been trying to lose the last 8 lbs for .. months now. Having the scale there just gives me a bit of accountability. During the winter, my goal is more maintenance than weight loss, because, with the social thing here, we're always eating, it seems. I think that I'm able to maintain well, because of all the exercise I am doing. :)

I got my new Fit today and it's in my driveway right now. I so loved the CRV. I would have to say that the 2007 CRV was the best car I've ever had and probably the best car anyone's ever had. ;) But the Fit will ... fit... my new lifestyle, including towing it behind the RV.

Jack was over here this morning, getting his taxes filed, and, after a few bumps in the e-filing road, he finally got the deed done.

We made more progress toward getting Jack's place stocked, and mine too. I decided to go on and buy more Portmeirion Botanic Garden dishes for my Tucson cottage, since the TJ Maxx had some really good prices on them, and I liked the styles and flowers. These are different types of dishes from the ones I have in MI, so, should I ever combine the two households, I will have just one very complete set of dishes. (At home, I have dinner plates and cereal bowls; here, I have luncheon plates and soup bowls.) And so Jack gets my "old" dishes. :)

After a lunch of pizza from AJ's at La Encantada (YUMMY!), we went to the Honda dealership to finish the car deal. I really like the dealership. They took a long time getting it all put together, but I suppose that they were just being really careful.

We had supper by the pool, with a small and fun group of folks who were trying to get rid of food before leaving for the summer.

This evening, I did some Wii dancing, with a program that is probably engineered for teenagers, but I like it anyway. It provides a good workout and it's fun, for a change.

My asthma is a bit better today. I've kept my house closed with the A/C on for last night and all day today, and I think that'll help. This cough just sounds awful, but I do feel that I'm going to survive!

1 comment:

  1. I love those dishes! Wondered why you were looking at corelle.

    ReplyDelete