Monday, April 12, 2010

Unaltered Blue Sky

Yes.. this is the actual color of the sky on the day we did the Bear Canyon hike to Seven Falls. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the desert? Well, I'd been puzzling over what to do about the car situation. The problem is that I will need a car when I get back to MI. I will want a car to tow behind the RV for when I travel back and forth. It just makes it handier to go out on errands and to do sightseeing.

But the CRV is at the top of the weight limit for the RV to tow, and I am already running pretty heavy, so I have not wanted to tow all that weight. And, to outfit a car to tow runs about $1300, including wiring for the brake lights and installing the plate in the grill. Did I want to invest all that money into the CRV, when it's really too heavy?

So.. I looked online today to see how much I could expect to get for my CRV in a trade and the answer was... lots! Those things don't lose their value as fast as most cars. Chapman Honda ended up selling me a brand new, fresh-off-the-boat, white Honda Fit, for my car + 1600 + taxes and licensing. Of course, they're getting a great deal, with my sweet li'l car having only 22,800 miles, in new condition. They've probably already sold it! But that's what they need to do to stay in business, and I'm happy for them.

And I'm happy for ME, too! This little car is what Michael and I actually wanted, when we bought the 2007 white CRV, but we opted for the CRV because it had room for the dog crate and the wheelchair, neither of which I need to carry now.

Tomorrow, after hiking, we'll go and finish up the paperwork and pick up the new baby! Jack and I went to Claim Jumper to celebrate, and I ate too much, but it was great.

Other stuff: Jack and I went shopping and got him a couple of nightstands and a lamp, for a total of $40. And he bought some more kitchen gadgets at Bed Bath & Beyond. That guy loves his kitchen gadgets!

Eddie's doing great, loves the new digs, and is eating and carrying on all other bodily functions normally, so I would have to say that his move was a success. I'm having some trouble with my asthma, am taking more meds, and am still not under fantastic control. I think that it's a combination of the dust of moving and the pollen from all the rain-enhanced beautiful flowers we have blooming here. I guess we have to take that cloud along with the silver lining!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janee,

    Long time no see. I am glad you are still posting on your blog. The scale on your blog worries me a little. Yeah, weight can be a problem. But, don't beat yourself up over a number. if you can still hike, ride, go camping with your trailer and lead a very active life, then that's pretty good. That's a lot to be thankful for.

    A cheerful attitude, and a sense of wonder and exploration can provide a meaningful life. I have always viewed you that way. I have always admired your spirit. Keep on going on -------- : )

    Thinking of you,
    Sunlaker

    ReplyDelete