Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rainy Day in Tucson

I shot this photo of Fairy Dusters on a sunny day:

Today, however, was not sunny at all! We had rain, wind, and chilly raw air. It reminded me of .. back east!

I began my day with over 2 hours of Wii, and that was fun. I did Wii Fit Plus and my DDR, which is really fun too.

At 9 am, I got my call from the investment people who are trying to help me get Michael's retirement money switched over to my name. I have to send them a letter from the court in Bloomington, telling them that I'm in charge of handling the estate, a will, a death certificate, and that should take care of it.

This is, of course, not going to be easy. I had to engage an attorney, who will get the necessary court order and get this handled. Of course, none of this is going to be free. :/ Please, if you have any assets at all, be sure that the beneficiary line is filled out on all of them. I *know* that Michael thought that this was all done, but this one account was not handled.

Anyway, I got all the forms sent today, and I hope that all of this can be done in a week.

Next, Jack came over and picked me up and we were off to his stepmom Mary's house. We helped her run some errands, and she took us to Bistro 44 for a delicious lunch. Nice time!

We got back in time to change clothes (into something warmer!) and go over to Harold and Kathy's for happy hour and a great dinner with them and Pam and Mike. More fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment