Sunday, April 18, 2010

My New Sink!

Here's the new sink that Jack installed for me day-before-yesterday:


Yesterday was so full that I had no awake time to blog. I just couldn't bring myself to stay up another 15 minutes.

So what'd I do? I slept in, for one thing. It was about 7:20 when I got onto the Wii Fit Plus. Then Jack and I had planned to go together to the Pima county Fair. I KNOW that it sounds VERY early to those of you who are in the east, but.. things are different here!

On the way down Old Spanish Trail, we passed by the Farmers' Market, and so had to stop for a stroll through the vegetables, paintings, and hand-made furniture. That's always fun for us.

Then we headed off down the road and saw a sign for model homes. Oooh! Let's stop! So we did. We looked through all the models at Rancho Del Lago, down in Vail, just southwest of town. Lovely place, and the homes start at a mere $142K for a very liveable house in a beautiful community. The clubhouse, grounds, pools, courts.. it was all immaculately kept. The development is new, but it's going to be very nice when it's all occupied. I'm not quite ready to buy *another* new house, though.

So... next we were truly off to the fair, and what a fine fair it is! I believe that this was the largest fair midway that I've ever seen, and that includes the Indiana State Fair. Food was in abundance, of course, and all my favorite fair fare was included. I feasted on an ear of corn (roasted, no butter-like substance), a corn dog which I split with Jack, a small-sized funnel cake with strawberries and chocolate, half a small popcorn, and the water that we'd brought with us. Yum! I won't soon forget that delicious funnel cake, and the corn was really excellent, too.

We enjoyed walking around the midway, watching kids lose $5 a pop at the games, and having fun on the rides. There was a bungee-jumping rigging with a crane, and we watched several fear-seekers do that.

The exhibits were quite different from those to which I've become accustomed in the midwest. We never see posters about roping cattle or posters on how to keep from being bitten by a rattlesnake. In the woodworking, photography, and fine art, there were many more pieces that were "southwestern," with cactus motifs, quail, and wolves, for example.

But fairs are fairs, and this one was not very different from the Indiana ones. It was certainly lots of fun for us!

We got to our respective homes in time to get cleaned up to go to the Desert Voices concert, and it was splendid. Our friend Julie really shone as one of the participants and as a part of a small ensemble. It was such *fun* music that we didn't catch ourselves looking at watches or yawning, despite the hour. The cookies at intermission were even especially good! Note to self: try making meringues while I'm here in the desert! They were simply perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Jack did a great job on the sink.

    ReplyDelete