Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What happened to Monday?

I don't know what happened to me yesterday, but here I am today! Here is one of our Tucson trees blooming madly: And here are 2 shots from the Pima County Fair. I went there with Jack on Saturday:


Yesterday, I spent the morning staying by my phone waiting for a call from the "Investments for the Greater Good" people. They are supposed to tell me what I need to do to get the investment money coming to me, instead of going to Michael.
I have basically two things that make me anxious. One is phone calls. I really dislike talking on the phone and can really get myself worked into a lather over this.
The second is financial matters. If you want to get me crying, let's talk about money! When Michael was alive, he handled all the phone calls, and particularly the ones regarding financial matters. He sort of grooved on the whole scene, reserving part of his Friday afternoon for these pursuits. But now, it's me. :/
So this investment phone call that I've been trying to get made for months now (phone tag, she's in and I'm not, I'm in and she's not, her father has died in another state, someone else ie handling her calls....) is sort of a perfect storm of anxiety for me. Now we have an appointment that we each have on our calendars for Thursday morning. I'll keep you posted.
Today was hiking day and 5 of us braved snowdrifts to hike the Butterfly Trail at Mile 23 up on the Mt. Lemmon Highway. While it was lovely, we got off the trail somehow, couldn't find it, and so decided to go back. Jack and I did go on up to Summerhaven afterwards, went to the Cookie Shack, and feasted on pizza and cookies! :) What a gorgeous day this was for hiking, too. Although there is still snow up there, it's soft and slushy and melting pretty fast, creating little rills of water that stream across the trail. The sky was seriously blue and the air was probably 65°.

1 comment:

  1. Janee, the magic words for calls to these nonresponsivez investment "experts" are, "I am considering moving my account if I don't hear back within the hour."

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete