Sunday, January 06, 2013

Appreciating Propane

I always have my thermostat set back to 56° at night in the winter, but it rarely gets all the way down there during the nights here. Well, Friday night it did, and when I awoke, it was 55. And the furnace kicked on as it was supposed to, and the temperature stayed at 55 with cold air blowing out of the ducts.

Our propane delivery in the RV Resort is on Fridays. Mine has been fine for so long that I'd stopped thinking about the level till Saturday morning. Sure enough, the tanks were both completely empty. And delivery is not till next Friday. I have a little electric heater for my bathroom, and Jack lent me his stand-up radiator heater for my living room. These devices are keeping things pretty well regulated for me so far. I have been turning them off at night, though, so I am pretty cold in the mornings! But this is making me appreciate my furnace all the more.

Jack and I went to Claim Jumper for a wonderful and fun dinner with friends last evening. And tonight, we get leftovers! :)

Today we went to the Home Show and, after paying $8 to park and another $8 for admission (buy one, get one free), we found that the show was not really all that great. The fall and spring shows are far better than this winter one. If we could just remember that now... It was a good day, anyway. We always enjoy milling around at those shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment