Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Traveling Chick

So I'm a traveling chick. Today is my 6th day on the road, counting the days I was in Louisville (which wasn't really "on the road," since I was with family). Well, OK, so I left Louisville on Saturday, so today is my 4th day on the road.

It's also Tuesday, which marks 4 weeks since Michael died. (That still sounds very strange.) I have yet to buy myself flowers on Tuesday, though I had told Michael that I would. I want to get a little vase that will fit snugly into the cup holder -- one that has a sort of snug top so that the water won't spill out easily. See.. I'm starting to take sentimental ideas and make them into practical concerns. I wonder what stage of grieving that fits into. :D

So, with the travel, the hard parts have been getting the electronics to work (radio, sirius, CD player, TV), getting psyched to eat, stopping (it's easy to keep going!), and seeing things that I would love to just talk to Michael about.

The easy things are hooking up the RV, getting fuel, chit-chatting with people, going to bed whenever I please, and eating whatever I want, whenever I want.

I have not done much tourism stuff yet. I did stop at a shopping mall ydy and had lunch and looked around a bit, but that's not really a touristy thing. ;) I had thought about unhooking today and exploring this area a bit, but I feel sort of rooted here. I'll unhook tomorrow. I need to get milk and something exciting to eat. After 2 days, I'm already pretty tired of frozen pizza.

The Shreveport weather is beautiful. It's 64° and bright sunshine. I have the windows open, vents open, and blinds shut on the sunny side. Last night it got down to 50 and I slept with my window open! I love sleeping when it's cool. :)

3 comments:

  1. gdHi, Janee. If you're in Shreveport headed west, that must mean you'll cruise right through Dallas! We'd love to see you, but I'm not going to be here tomorrow or the next day -- and I almost never go anywhere. My dad's from Decatur, AL, so I know the campground you mentioned. Drive carefully, and let's plan on your slowing down here on your return trip up North!

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy Meat:

    I like reading your blogs...you know I never travel, so I have to live through your adventures. I think that means that you have to share whatever you buy when you go shopping too. :D

    Steve said he would go down and clean out your garage (taking a burn barrel for that "stuff") as long as he can have anything out of the garage in the process. He could ask you about certain things and then take others to charity, dump, etc. I am not sure that is a good deal though. Let me know what you think of that idea. There is plenty of time to do this before your return, so no hurry on a decision. You might want to be there to observe the activity, so maybe we should wait until you do return.

    The frozen pizza just sounds really yummy...not. I know it is easy to fix, but you should try to get something a bit better for you and good at the same time. BTW, the chicken the other night was really good. :)

    Keep us updated through your blog, emails, and phone. We care where you are and how you are. Love, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Janee!

    I am so sorry for your loss! It all went so fast - from my standing point. Reading your blog -you are an amazing, strong woman!

    My condolences and best wishes for you. If you ever should make it to Hawaii....Hollar!

    Aloha,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete