Sunday, March 08, 2009

Dance Club

Last evening, we had a dance, put on by our dance club. It was lots of fun, with snacks and wine and plenty of fine music. Jack and I tried to remember our dance steps, and just basically had a fine time. While I didn't take any pictures, some of our friends did, so we may get some copies I can post.

Today we went to church and then to the grocery, so I could get supplies for my cherry pies! Yep, I'm baking 2 of them today, and the house smells wonderful!

Jack is currently cleaning floors. While I'm quite good at cleaning other parts of the house, I really dislike doing floors. I think that he finally gave up on me. LOL!

Weather is warm here today, and cloudy. It almost feels like there is some humidity in the air, too, which is very unusual. A woman we talked to at Saguaro East ydy had been stung by a scorpion in her house. This is very early for scorpions to be out of their hidey holes! (I have never seen a scorpion in the wild.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis...I can almost smell the pies from here. Steve has been really sick with the stomach flu and so I have been cooking for myself - I forgot I CAN actually cook. He isn't eating much, but is showing some signs of improvement today. It has only been 2 1/2 days, but seems like forever.

    I did laundry all day and got done with every piece of laundry in the entire house...feels soooooo good.

    I made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots...brings back Sunday memories, huh? Well, there weren't any people arguing here though. LOL.

    The scorpion thing sounds really scary! I hate spiders, I cannot imagine a scorpion in my house!

    Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janee, I always enjoyed your baked goods. Cherry pie (be still my heart).

    Have a Great Day,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete