Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Super Soup Supper

Today began with me leaping out of bed and then quickly realizing that was a mistake. The ankle still hurts, so it's crutches for another day.

So we basically lay around today. I did a bunch of email and played games on the computer. Jack did a plan for Pete and Karen's steps that he's going to build, probably without my help, unless I can get this danged ankle healed.

Then we went to the grocery and got supplies to make our soup. The grocery store was a challenge for me, just getting to it, and then we got me a little electric cart, which I zoomed around in, and that was actually kind of fun. Then it was a hobble back to the car.

Jack made a beef/barley soup which was delicious. (Do you folks want recipes when we make something good?) This was for the soup supper that the church held. Thirty-eight people were in attendance, and almost everything was delicious! Jack did get a scoop of a soup which neither of us liked.

We sat with Peggy, John, Nadine and George, and Norma -- a nice amiable group. Then it was a hobble back to the car. Jack and I decided that I get more exercise from that than from my everyday walks, anyway. Yeah.. about that everyday walk ... I did have to lay off from walking yesterday and today, unless you count that hobbling in 10-minute intervals. So my 7 year, 8 month streak without missing a day now has an asterisk. I fully intend to begin walking again when I'm able. Oh well... it had to happen at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment