Friday, March 13, 2009

Picnic by the Pool

Today I decided that I really dislike these crutches, so I set about walking on both feet, just around inside the cottage. While the ankle seemed stiff, I didn't have much of what I'd call pain.... not till later. :/ By the time we were getting set to go to the picnic by the pool, I was hurting enough that I decided to walk over to the pool on the crutches. I reasoned that I could count this as a walk, since it is so difficult for me to walk that far on the crutches.

At least the picnic was worth the painful walk! We sat with Glenda, Charlie, Katy, and Ken. The fare was fried chicken, baked beans, potato salad (with pickles... ew!), and slaw. Cake from the store in half-white, half-chocolate finished the meal. Jack went and got the car and drove me home afterward.

Hey.. at least the Picacho Peak hike, during which I hurt the ankle, was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment