Monday, March 09, 2009

Picacho Peak

Last evening was the Michigan party, and Jack and I went. I took one of the cherry pies that I'd made, and it was enjoyed by all who were lucky enough to grab a slice. All the food was great, and everyone got their bellies full. After the meal, we heard music by the Tres Amigos, and that was fun as always.

This morning, we awoke early to the sound of rain! This rare event threatened to call off our hike today, but we decided to go ahead and go. This was a special hike up Picacho Peak -- one arranged by Pete to show his daughter Jennifer a good time during her visit.


The hike was, as always, super-challenging, but it was great fun. This is the group of us in a little cave on the mountain on the way up:




Here are some shots of me (with Jack) up on the top of the higher peak:





And here are some that I took of the higher peak from the 2nd peak. The others waited for me down lower, as I explored up high. Notice, in both of these, the men on the top of the peak!




Here are some pics of hikers going up one of the steeper areas using the cables:
Some time in the hot tub and now we're feeling great. Blood was shed by 5 of us, but it was just minor scrapes. :) Now my left ankle is killing me, but just when I ... stand on it or walk!

Here is a photo from a couple of weeks ago when I was leading the hike in Saguaro East:

2 comments:

  1. I bet the cherry pies were enjoyed by folks. You do a great job of baking. Alas, I missed the opportunity. By the looks of those photos it wouldn't take long to burn off any baked goods.

    Have a Great Day!

    p.s. Patsy doesn't bake pies. I don't think she has the pie baking gene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. I would say, just don't stand or walk! I guess you need to run or jog. LOL.

    Steve is in the hospital with dehydration and stomach flu issues. He also has a kidney stone - surprise...if only he could produce gold stones at the same rate ;)

    He will be in there until at least tomorrow and then it is "see how he does" before they will let us know when he is coming home. He really was a mess.

    Thank goodness for good neighbors who came in and took care of our dog a few times during the day. I hope they don't mind doing it again tomorrow :|

    My boss brought my computer to me, so I can take it to the hospital and work. I think she was doing me a favor...but, then again, Dow will benefit in the long run from the work I do. I am so jaded.

    The hike sounds like it was something for seasoned hikers and glad you all had a good time and made it up and down ok. Great pictures of you and Jack.

    Well, I am off to eat my TV dinner I purchased on the way home from the hospital then off to bed. 24 hours with no sleep has me looking as old as I feel.

    Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete